Saturday, April 16, 2011

Gym anyone?

From Johanna over at one girls thoughts on life

This past summer I have been really good at walking at least 3 times a week. I have lost 4.5kg and noticed a huge difference in my energy levels. As the weather has cooled off I have been finding it hard to get out the front door to walk because it is darker earlier and not very warm/inviting outside. Day light saving has just clocked over which makes it darker even earlier. 

I have been talking to my Mamma about it and she has been feeling the same way which is kinda good in a way because it means that we encourage each other in exercise. 

3 weeks ago I went down to City Fitness Thorndon to check out their membership prices. I had worked out how much I could afford and was hoping to pay around $15 dollars a week. When I got into the office and the representative went through the prices I was a bit discouraged. I was looking at $17.90 a week plus $39 membership fee and $39 admin fee. This was more than I could afford. I told the woman how much I could pay a week and would she consider waiving the membership fee. She went and spoke to her manager and came back with good news. I am now the proud owner of a student membership at $15.90 per week and the membership fee was waived. 

I have been at the gym for 2 weeks now and it is hard work but it feels GUUUUD. The classes are really fun and make it a bit easier to hit the gym at least 4 times a week. Here's hoping I can achieve my goal by October. I am looking to lose 5kg and tone up during the colder months. I'll let you know how I go. 

Way to go city fitness for meeting me in the middle on payment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear your thoughts! Be polite please!